List of publications
Version 5.0 or later
to view these PDF format documents.
Publications with green marking on the journal name are available as PDF files. You need "Acrobat Reader" software or equivalent to download them. If you do not have "Acrobat Reader" click above to download this free software. Other papers are available as a reprint request by mail.
"You have requested access to material protected by copyright. We considered your request as "reprint request" as is common in the scientific community.When you download a PDF, you agree to download one copy for personal and scientific use only . Commercial use or duplication is not allowed unless a permission from the copyright owner is granted."
Donation of information by Naresh Singhal
- van der Hoek, J. P., Bertelkamp, C., Verliefde, A. R. D., and Singhal, N. 2014 Drinking water treatment technologies in Europe: state of the art–challenges–research needs.
Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology—AQUA 63:124-130
- Bertelkamp, C., Reungoat, J., Cornelissen, E. R., Singhal, N., Reynisson, J., Cabo, A. J., van der Hoek, J. P. and Verliefde, A. R. D. 2014 Sorption and biodegradation of organic micropollutants during river bank
filtration: A laboratory column study.
Water Research 52: 231-241
- Jho, E. H., Shin, D., Turner, S. J., and Singhal, N. 2014 Effect of Fenton reagent shock and recovery periods on anaerobic microbial community structure and degradation of chlorinated aliphatics.
Biodegradation 25: 253-264
- Johnson, A.C. and Singhal, N. 2013 Influence of chelation on Cu distribution and barriers to translocation in lolium perenne.
Environmental Science and Technology 47: 7688-7695
- Feng, W., Swift, S. and Singhal, N. 2013 Effects of surfactants on cell surface tension parameters and hydrophobicity of Pseudomonas putida 852 and Rhodococcus erythropolis 3586.
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 105: 43-50.
- Kayser, C., Larkin, t. and Singhal N. 2013 Closure to "enhancement of the shear strength of wastewater residuals using industrial waste By-products".
Journal of Environmental Engineering 139: 315-316
- Han, J., Liu, Y., Singhal, N., Wang, L. and Gao, W. 2012 Comparative photocatalytic degradation of estrone in water by ZnO and TiO2 under artificial UVA and solar irradiation.
Chemical Engineering Journal 123: 150-162
- Chen, J.L., Ravindran, S., Swift, S., Wright, L.J. and Singhal, N. 2012 Catalytic oxidative degradation of 17 α-ethinylestradiol by Fe III-TAML/H 2 O 2: Estrogenicities of the products of partial,
and extensive oxidation.
Water research 46: 6309-6318
- Hewitt, B.M., Singhal, N., Elliot, R.G., Chen, A.Y.H., Kuo, J.Y.C., Vanholsbeeck, F. and Swift, S. 2012 Novel fiber optic detection method for in situ analysis of fluorescently labeled biosensor organisms.
Environmental Science and Technology 46: 5414-5421
- Jho, E.H., Singhal, N. and Turner, S. 2012 Tetrachloroethylene and hexachloroethane degradation in Fe (III) and Fe (III)–citrate catalyzed Fenton systems.
Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology 87: 1179-1186
- Bertelkamp, C., Reungoat, J., Botton, S., Cornelissen, E., Ghadiri, E. De Jonge, M., Singhal, N., Van der Hoek, J.P. and Verliefde, A.R.D. 2012 Transformation of organic micropollutants during river bank filtration:
laboratory versus field data.
Water Pract. Technol 7:
- Bae, Y., Kim, D., Cho, H.H., Singhal, N. and Park J.W. 2012 Transformation impacts of dissolved and solid phase Fe (II) on trichloroethylene (TCE) reduction in an iron-reducing bacteria (IRB) mixed column system:
A mathematical model.
Water Research 46: 6391-6398.
- Gunawardana, B., Singhal, N. and Johnson, A. 2011 Effects of amendments on copper, cadmium, and lead phytoextraction by Lolium perenne from multiple-metal contaminated solution.
International Journal of Phytoremediation 13: 215-232
- Kayser, C. Larkin, T. and Singhal, N. 2011 Enhancement of the shear strength of wastewater residuals using industrial waste by-products.
Journal of Environmental Engineering 137: 1002-101
- Song, Y., Swift, S., Swedlund, P.J. and Singhal, N. 2011 Cadmium (II) distribution in complex aquatic systems containing ferrihydrite, bacteria and an organic ligand: The effect of bioactivity.
Applied Geochemistry 26: 898-906
- Gottfried, A., Singhal, N, Elliot, R. and Swift, S. 2010 The role of salicylate and biosurfactant in inducing phenanthrene degradation in batch soil slurries.
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 86: 1563-1571
- Gunawardana, B., Singhal, N. and Johnson, A. 2010 Amendments and their combined application for enhanced copper, cadmium, lead uptake by Lolium perenne.
Plant and Soil 329: 283-294
- Jho, E.H., Singhal, N. and Turner, S. 2010 Fenton degradation of tetrachloroethene and hexachloroethane in Fe (II) catalyzed systems.
Journal of Hazardous Materials 184: 234-240
- Elliot, R., Singhal, N. and Swift, S. 2010 Surfactants and bacterial bioremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon contaminated soil—unlocking the targets.
Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology 41: 78-124
- Shams, D., Singhal, N., Elefsiniotis, P. and Johnson, A. 2010 Treatment of farm dairy effluent with hybrid upflow multilayer bioreactor and activated sludge module.
IWA Publishing 61: 1683-1690
- Feng, W., Singhal, N and Swift, S. 2009 Drainage mechanism of microbubble dispersion and factors influencing its stability.
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 337: 548-554
- Johnson, A., Gunawardana, B. and Singhal, N. 2009 Amendments for enhancing copper uptake by Brassica juncea and Lolium perenne from solution.
International Journal of Phytoremediation 11: 215-234
- Song, Y., Swedlund, P.J., Singhal, N. and Swift, S. 2009. Cadmium (II) speciation in complex aquatic systems: a study with ferrihydrite, bacteria, and an organic ligand.
Environmental Science and Technology 43: 7430-7436
- Celis, E., Elefsiniotis, P. and Singhal, N. 2008 Biodegradation of agricultural herbicides in sequencing batch reactors under aerobic or anaerobic conditions.
Water Research 42: 3218-3224
- Song, Y., Swedlund, P.J. and Singhal, N. 2008 Copper (II) and cadmium (II) sorption onto ferrihydrite in the presence of phthalic acid: some properties of the ternary complex.
Environmental Science and Technology 42: 4008-4013
- Singhal, N. and Islam, J. 2008 One-dimensional model for biogeochemical interactions and permeability reduction in soils during leachate permeation.
Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 96: 32-47
- Singhal, N, Elefsiniotis, T., Weeraratne, N. and Johnson, A. 2008. Sediment retention by alternative filtration media configurations in stormwater treatment.
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution 187: 173-180
- Song, Y., Singhal, N., Swedlund, P. and Swift, S. 2008 Modeling Cd 2+ sorption onto ferrihydrite in the presence of phthalic acid.
IWA Publishing 58: 2373-2379
- Shin, H.Y., Singhal, N. and Park, J.W. 2007 Regeneration of iron for trichloroethylene reduction by Shewanella alga BrY.
Chemosphere 68: 1129-1134
- Singhal, N., Jaffé, P., Maier, W. and Jho, E.H. 2007 The opposing effects of bacterial activity and gas production on anaerobic TCE degradation in soil columns.
Chemosphere 69: 1790-1797
- Chin, H., Elefsiniotis, P. and Singhal, N. 2005 Biodegradation of 2, 4-dicholophenoxyacetic acid using an acidogenic anaerobic sequencing batch reactor.
Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science 4: 57-63
- Islam, J. and Singhal, N. 2004 A laboratory study of landfill-leachate transport in soils.
Water Research 38: 2035-2042
- Islam, J. and Singhal, N. 2002 A one-dimensional reactive multi-component landfill leachate transport model. Environmental Modelling and Software 17: 531-543
- Islam, J., Singhal, N. and O'Sullivan, M. 2001 Modeling biogeochemical processes in leachate-contaminated soils: a review.
Transport in Porous Media 43: 407-440
- Singhal, N. and Roy, D. 1988 Modeling kinetics of 2, 4-D degradation by two new Pseudomonas isolates.
The Chemical Engineering Journal 39: B37-B45
Comments about the content of these pages:
Naresh Singhal, Ph.D.
by: Juan Pablo Hernandez