Publications with green marking on the journal name are available as PDF files. To view the pdf files, you need to have installed "Acrobat Reader". Other papers are available as a reprint request by mail.
You have requested access to material protected by copyright. We considered your request as reprint request as is common in the scientific community. When you download a PDF, you agree to download one copy for personal and scientific use only. Commercial use or duplication is not allowed unless a permission from the copyright owner is granted.
Publications in scientific journals
- van der Hoek, J. P., Bertelkamp, C., Verliefde, A. R. D., and Singhal, N. 2014 Drinking water treatment technologies in Europe: state of the art–challenges–research needs.
Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology—AQUA 63:124-130
- Bertelkamp, C., Reungoat, J., Cornelissen, E. R., Singhal, N., Reynisson, J., Cabo, A. J., van der Hoek, J. P. and Verliefde, A. R. D. 2014 Sorption and biodegradation of organic micropollutants during river bank
filtration: A laboratory column study.
Water Research 52: 231-241
- Jho, E. H., Shin, D., Turner, S. J., and Singhal, N. 2014 Effect of Fenton reagent shock and recovery periods on anaerobic microbial community structure and degradation of chlorinated aliphatics.
Biodegradation 25: 253-264
- Johnson, A.C. and Singhal, N. 2013 Influence of chelation on Cu distribution and barriers to translocation in lolium perenne.
Environmental Science and Technology 47: 7688-7695
- Feng, W., Swift, S. and Singhal, N. 2013 Effects of surfactants on cell surface tension parameters and hydrophobicity of Pseudomonas putida 852 and Rhodococcus erythropolis 3586.
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 105: 43-50.
- Kayser, C., Larkin, t. and Singhal N. 2013 Closure to "enhancement of the shear strength of wastewater residuals using industrial waste By-products".
Journal of Environmental Engineering 139: 315-316
- Han, J., Liu, Y., Singhal, N., Wang, L. and Gao, W. 2012 Comparative photocatalytic degradation of estrone in water by ZnO and TiO2 under artificial UVA and solar irradiation.
Chemical Engineering Journal 123: 150-162
- Chen, J.L., Ravindran, S., Swift, S., Wright, L.J. and Singhal, N. 2012 Catalytic oxidative degradation of 17 α-ethinylestradiol by Fe III-TAML/H 2 O 2: Estrogenicities of the products of partial,
and extensive oxidation.
Water research 46: 6309-6318
- Hewitt, B.M., Singhal, N., Elliot, R.G., Chen, A.Y.H., Kuo, J.Y.C., Vanholsbeeck, F. and Swift, S. 2012 Novel fiber optic detection method for in situ analysis of fluorescently labeled biosensor organisms.
Environmental Science and Technology 46: 5414-5421
- Jho, E.H., Singhal, N. and Turner, S. 2012 Tetrachloroethylene and hexachloroethane degradation in Fe (III) and Fe (III)–citrate catalyzed Fenton systems.
Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology 87: 1179-1186
- Bertelkamp, C., Reungoat, J., Botton, S., Cornelissen, E., Ghadiri, E. De Jonge, M., Singhal, N., Van der Hoek, J.P. and Verliefde, A.R.D. 2012 Transformation of organic micropollutants during river bank filtration:
laboratory versus field data.
Water Pract. Technol 7:
- Bae, Y., Kim, D., Cho, H.H., Singhal, N. and Park J.W. 2012 Transformation impacts of dissolved and solid phase Fe (II) on trichloroethylene (TCE) reduction in an iron-reducing bacteria (IRB) mixed column system:
A mathematical model.
Water Research 46: 6391-6398.
- Gunawardana, B., Singhal, N. and Johnson, A. 2011 Effects of amendments on copper, cadmium, and lead phytoextraction by Lolium perenne from multiple-metal contaminated solution.
International Journal of Phytoremediation 13: 215-232
- Kayser, C. Larkin, T. and Singhal, N. 2011 Enhancement of the shear strength of wastewater residuals using industrial waste by-products.
Journal of Environmental Engineering 137: 1002-101
- Song, Y., Swift, S., Swedlund, P.J. and Singhal, N. 2011 Cadmium (II) distribution in complex aquatic systems containing ferrihydrite, bacteria and an organic ligand: The effect of bioactivity.
Applied Geochemistry 26: 898-906
- Gottfried, A., Singhal, N, Elliot, R. and Swift, S. 2010 The role of salicylate and biosurfactant in inducing phenanthrene degradation in batch soil slurries.
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 86: 1563-1571
- Gunawardana, B., Singhal, N. and Johnson, A. 2010 Amendments and their combined application for enhanced copper, cadmium, lead uptake by Lolium perenne.
Plant and Soil 329: 283-294
- Jho, E.H., Singhal, N. and Turner, S. 2010 Fenton degradation of tetrachloroethene and hexachloroethane in Fe (II) catalyzed systems.
Journal of Hazardous Materials 184: 234-240
- Elliot, R., Singhal, N. and Swift, S. 2010 Surfactants and bacterial bioremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon contaminated soil—unlocking the targets.
Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology 41: 78-124
- Shams, D., Singhal, N., Elefsiniotis, P. and Johnson, A. 2010 Treatment of farm dairy effluent with hybrid upflow multilayer bioreactor and activated sludge module.
IWA Publishing 61: 1683-1690
- Feng, W., Singhal, N and Swift, S. 2009 Drainage mechanism of microbubble dispersion and factors influencing its stability.
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 337: 548-554
- Johnson, A., Gunawardana, B. and Singhal, N. 2009 Amendments for enhancing copper uptake by Brassica juncea and Lolium perenne from solution.
International Journal of Phytoremediation 11: 215-234
- Song, Y., Swedlund, P.J., Singhal, N. and Swift, S. 2009. Cadmium (II) speciation in complex aquatic systems: a study with ferrihydrite, bacteria, and an organic ligand.
Environmental Science and Technology 43: 7430-7436
- Celis, E., Elefsiniotis, P. and Singhal, N. 2008 Biodegradation of agricultural herbicides in sequencing batch reactors under aerobic or anaerobic conditions.
Water Research 42: 3218-3224
- Song, Y., Swedlund, P.J. and Singhal, N. 2008 Copper (II) and cadmium (II) sorption onto ferrihydrite in the presence of phthalic acid: some properties of the ternary complex.
Environmental Science and Technology 42: 4008-4013
- Singhal, N. and Islam, J. 2008 One-dimensional model for biogeochemical interactions and permeability reduction in soils during leachate permeation.
Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 96: 32-47
- Singhal, N, Elefsiniotis, T., Weeraratne, N. and Johnson, A. 2008. Sediment retention by alternative filtration media configurations in stormwater treatment.
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution 187: 173-180
- Song, Y., Singhal, N., Swedlund, P. and Swift, S. 2008 Modeling Cd 2+ sorption onto ferrihydrite in the presence of phthalic acid.
IWA Publishing 58: 2373-2379
- Shin, H.Y., Singhal, N. and Park, J.W. 2007 Regeneration of iron for trichloroethylene reduction by Shewanella alga BrY.
Chemosphere 68: 1129-1134
- Singhal, N., Jaffé, P., Maier, W. and Jho, E.H. 2007 The opposing effects of bacterial activity and gas production on anaerobic TCE degradation in soil columns.
Chemosphere 69: 1790-1797
- Chin, H., Elefsiniotis, P. and Singhal, N. 2005 Biodegradation of 2, 4-dicholophenoxyacetic acid using an acidogenic anaerobic sequencing batch reactor.
Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science 4: 57-63
- Islam, J. and Singhal, N. 2004 A laboratory study of landfill-leachate transport in soils.
Water Research 38: 2035-2042
- Islam, J. and Singhal, N. 2002 A one-dimensional reactive multi-component landfill leachate transport model. Environmental Modelling and Software 17: 531-543
- Islam, J., Singhal, N. and O'Sullivan, M. 2001 Modeling biogeochemical processes in leachate-contaminated soils: a review.
Transport in Porous Media 43: 407-440
- Singhal, N. and Roy, D. 1988 Modeling kinetics of 2, 4-D degradation by two new Pseudomonas isolates.
The Chemical Engineering Journal 39: B37-B45
Comments about the content of these pages:
Naresh Singhal, Ph.D.
by: Juan Pablo Hernandez